zCentral is now your one location to launch, browse, and discover activities and experiences. zCentral consists of two parts. The first part, zCentral, is web based that any browser can view. The second part, zCentral Web Service, runs on your computer.
With the launch of zCentral, many applications will begin to have their desktop and Windows Start Menu shortcuts removed. Using zCentral will be the favored way of launching applications.
- Only supported using Chrome web browser
- Any popup blockers must be disabled
- Windows .NET Framework 4.7.1 is required.
Download and Installation
zCentral Web Service can be installed via zSpace App Manager and can be found in the Windows Start Menu under the zSpace folder.
After installing zCentral Web Service, reboot your computer to complete the installation process.
If you are using a proxy server, check the option to "Don't use the proxy server for local (intranet) addresses". If that is not an option, adding the address that the local server runs on will also work.
zCentral is a web based application. To run zCentral, click the desktop shortcut or open your preferred web browser and go to https://go.zspace.com.
Note: Any type of pop-up blocks will need to be disabled in your web browser. Pop up blockers will not allow zCentral to function correctly.
Note: If you see the following error message "This application requires one of the following versions of the .NET Framework: .NETFramework, Version=v.4.7.1", please follow the instructions provided by Microsoft to install the .NET Framework 4.7.1. Windows .NET Framework is required for zCentral.
Note: zCentral can be viewed using any browser and without the zCentral App installed, but some features will not be available such as being able to launch the applications.
After you launch zCentral, you will see the following screen.
If you know the activity you want to launch, you can simply just enter the activity code or name here.
To browse or search for content, select the far right Search option.
At this point, you can now select your options for filtering available lessons. Along the left side are 4 sorting options.
Above the filtering options is an option for "my zSpace Content Only". By default this option is turned on. This means only content which is installed and licensed will be visible. To activate licenses, please turn this option off to make all installed applications visible in zCentral.
Content Types. Users can select one of the following content types:
- All Content Types - View all of the below content types
- Activity - View only zSpace activities
- Application - View only applications
- Model (zSpace Studio) - View only models which can be viewed in zSpace Studio
- Experience - Show only results which are based on the new zSpace Experiences
- Web Link - View results which are web based applications
Application Status. User can select to filter results based on installation and license status. The default option is to only show lessons for applications which are installed and licensed. You can optionally show all lessons or show lessons for applications not installed or licensed.
Subject. Users can select different subject matters to filter. Selecting "Anatomy" will cause only anatomy themed activities to be displayed.
Once you have found the activity you want to launch, simply click on the activity to open the activity and/or application. You may see a prompt to allow this to happen as shown below. If you check the box Always open these types of links in the associated app you will not see this prompt again.
zCentral Web Service will automatically run on your computer once it is installed. When running zCentral in your Web Browser and if you see a message stating "To launch this content use your zSpace device", verify you are using Chrome browser and zCentral Web Service is running on your computer.
If you see the message "Head over to zSpace App Manager to install". Likely this application title is not installed on your system. Please see App Manager User Guide.
Current release notes can be found here.
- Resolved issue where searching in Chinese would not give correct search results.
- zCentral now properly displays ECG, Human Anatomy Atlas, GTA Mechanic Premium, Expert, VIVED Chemistry, VIVED Volume, Rainer Chemistry, Rainer Physics, and Rainer Biology.
- Corrected cases where activities without proper localization could be available with improper localization.
- Resolved issues where zCentral could launch to a blank white screen with a large hourglass and hang.
- Implemented a workaround when using Edge or Firefox to handle CSS bugs in each of the respected browsers.
- Several improvements to search and filtering results including when using punctuation or multi-word searches.
- The search results indicator has been redesigned to be easier on the eyes and to resolve cases where clipping can occur.
- zCentral will now rescan content each time the page is loaded and rescans in the background.
- Localization improvements for China.
- User-facing error messages are now more understandable to the average user.