The zSpace App Manager provides a simple way for you to download, install and update many of the zSpace applications, content and demos. Downloading and using zSpace App Manager you agree to the zSpace Programs Master Terms and Conditions.
zSpace downloads are now available at https://zSpace.com/downloads
zSpace App Manager manages downloads for:
- zSpace Aquarium
- zSpace Let's Cook
- zSpace Missile Defense
- zSpace Planet Attack
- zSpace Tennis
- VIVED Science* (formally Cyber Science 3D)
- Newton's Park*
- Franklin's Lab*
- zSpace Studio*
- zSpace Studio STEM Model Packs
- Curie's Elements*
- Euclid's Shapes*
- zSpace Experience
- Leopoly 3D Designer for zSpace*
- zSpace Zone
- zSpace zView*
- zSpace Introduction
- zSpace System Software
- zSpace Packager
- Additional titles coming soon
* Denotes additional licensing required to use application
- Please note that zSpace App Manager will uninstall zSpace Studio, Franklin's Lab, and Newton's Park if they are version 1.0 or below.
- Download and run the zSpace App Manager Install file.
- Install selecting the default options.
- Run zSpace App Manager by selecting the desktop icon.
- Please see this article for assistance in determining applications which have updates.
- Run zSpace App Manager by selecting the desktop icon while having an active Internet connection.
- Currently installed applications will be shown first followed by available software for download. Some applications may require additional licensing before running.
- To download an application select the Install button to the right of the application name.
- To launch an application, the Install button is replaced by an Open button.
- When the application update is available the Open button is replaced by an Update button.
- Applications can be uninstalled by selecting the down arrow next to the open button and selecting uninstall.
Please see this article for how to update App Manager
In some cases, it is possible to get App Manager into a state where everything is in a "waiting" state. If you close App Manager, it will not give you any prompts stating applications installations are in progress. When you open App Manager again, you will see installations are all still "waiting". This can be resolved by the following:
- Close App Manager
- Open file explorer, browse to C:\ProgramData\zSpace\Cache\win32\core. ProgramData is generally a hidden folder by Windows. You may need to type the location into the address bar as shown in the following screen shot.
- Delete the state.queue file.
- Open App Manager, select the applications to update again.
- Bug fixes related to package dependencies.
- Improved presentation of Turkish localization
- Fixed issue which may cause error message with Error Code 416 to be seen.
- Access to China has been updated.
- Bug fixes to increase stability and reliability.
If you have a slow Internet connection or no Internet connection and need the ability to install applications offline, please see this article here.