The zSpace App Manager provides a simple way for you to download, install and update many of the zSpace applications, content and demos. Downloading and using zSpace App Manager you agree to the zSpace Programs Master Terms and Conditions.
zSpace downloads are now available at https://zSpace.com/downloads
zSpace App Manager manages downloads for:
- zSpace Aquarium
- zSpace Let's Cook
- zSpace Missile Defense
- zSpace Planet Attack
- zSpace Tennis
- VIVED Science* (formally Cyber Science 3D)
- Newton's Park*
- Franklin's Lab*
- zSpace Studio*
- zSpace Studio STEM Model Packs
- Curie's Elements*
- Euclid's Shapes*
- zSpace Experience
- Leopoly 3D Designer for zSpace*
- zSpace Zone
- zSpace zView*
- zSpace Introduction
- zSpace System Software
- zSpace Packager
- Visible Body Human Anatomy Atlas*
- Additional titles coming soon
* Denotes additional licensing required to use application
- Please note that zSpace App Manager will uninstall zSpace Studio, Franklin's Lab, and Newton's Park if they are version 1.0 or below.
- Download and run the zSpace App Manager Install file.
- Install selecting the default options.
- Run zSpace App Manager by selecting the desktop icon.
Selecting alternate source
App Manager, as of version 3.0.0, supports selecting different sources for downloads. This can be done by selecting Sources from the top menu then selecting the source for the downloads. When an alternate source is selected, the available downloads will be displayed. The currently available sources are:
- zSpace Classic - Use this for zSpace 300, zSpace AIO, and zSpace AIO Pro
- zSpace 2019 (Laptop Only) - As the title says, only used for zSpace Laptop.
- Labster (LICENSED USERS ONLY) - This is for licensed Labster users only.
In some cases, users may need to
- Please see this article for assistance in determining applications which have updates.
Please see this article for how to update App Manager
In some cases, it is possible to get App Manager into a state where everything is in a "waiting" state. If you close App Manager, it will not give you any prompts stating applications installations are in progress. When you open App Manager again, you will see installations are all still "waiting". This can be resolved by the following:
- Close App Manager
- Open file explorer, browse to C:\ProgramData\zSpace\Cache\win32\core. ProgramData is generally a hidden folder by Windows. You may need to type the location into the address bar as shown in the following screen shot.
- Delete the state.queue file.
- Open App Manager, select the applications to update again.
- Addition of multiple sources for different updates.
- Faster downloads and smaller updates.
- Progress bars to show downloads and installation progress.
- Better use of disk space to minimize disk space needed to install updates.
- Bug fixes related to package dependencies.
- Improved presentation of Turkish localization.
- Fixed issue which may cause error message with Error Code 416 to be seen.
- Access to China has been updated.
- Bug fixes to increase stability and reliability.
If you have a slow Internet connection or no Internet connection and need the ability to install applications offline, please see this article here.