Important: zSpace App Manager must be updated first as outlined in the section Check App Manager for Updates.
This article will walk a user through the entire update process to verify your zSpace environment has all working updates. We will use the zSpace Configuration Check utility as a basis of determining what updates are needed and/or available.
Run the zSpace Configuration Check
Identify the model of zSpace
Identify model of PC
How to update zSpace System Software
Check App Manager for updates
Check for application updates using App Manager
Check for newly available applications, and installing or uninstalling using App Manager
Update EDU Server and AnswerWeb
Check GPU for updates
By running the zSpace Configuration Check, a user can get a high level over view of what needs to be updated on the zSpace. It is suggested to first run the Configuration Check and save the results to your Windows desktop. Items which are correct and up to date or written in green text. Items which require updates or warn of possible updates available, are identified in red or yellow text respectively. Look through the generated report to determine what updates need to be done. zSpace Configuration Check may first need to be downloaded from zSpace.com/downloads.
zSpace currently has 3 models of zSpace. First, identify the model of zSpace you currently use. Use the below images or look at your Configuration Check report to find your version.
If you are using a zSpace provided PC, identify the model of PC you are using.
|zSpace model 300 also commonly known as zSpace for Education. This is an all-in-one-PC.||STEM Station Generation 2||STEM Station Generation 1|
The zSpace Configuration Check will report the version of zSpace System Software currently running on your system. If needed, download and update your zSpace System Software following the steps outlined here.
App Manager can be updated by performing the following steps:
- Launch App Manager
- Select from the top level menu, select Help -> Check for update...
Starting with version 3.1.3, this option no longer exists. App Manager updates are done through App Manager. See Check for application updates using App Manager to update App Manager.
- Launch App Manager.
- If needed, select the appropriate repository for updates.
- If you have any updates, you will see Updates Available message at the top of the screen as shown in the below image.
Updates Available outlined in red.
Update All button outlined in red
Note: In some cases, App manager can get into a state where the downloads will not complete. Please see here: App Manager known issues
Updating single applications
Depending on your Internet connection speed and number of updates, this process may take a few minutes to several hours to complete. All applications are approximately 25GB.
As part of the update process, checking for newly available applications should also be done.
- Launch App Manager.
- Available Software will be shown in the list after Available Updates. Scroll down the list till you find Available Software.
- Open Teacher Dashboard in your browser. To open Teacher Dashboard, go to the zSpace running the EDU Server, open web browser, and enter the URL http://localhost:4000/#.
- A message will appear in the lower right corner if a new version is available.
Red outline shows message stating an update is available.
- Login to Teacher Dashboard using a teacher account. This will require an administrator security password. Contact your system administrator or zSpace customer support to get this password.
- Click on Download Update in the menu bar and then follow the prompts to install.
Red outline shows the Download Update menu option
- Restart your PC to start up the newest version.
Follow the steps outlined here to check the the version of your AMD driver. Update the driver as needed.