Microsoft released the May 2020 Update to Windows 10. zSpace is recommending customers to NOT update their zSpace Laptops and AIOs to this latest release. The two main reasons for recommending that customers hold from updating to this latest release is:
- The current GPU drivers for both the zSpace AIO and Laptop is currently not supported on this latest release from Microsoft. We are working with our GPU partners to verify a supported version.
- Updating to this current release does cause some post-install issues with the GPU Driver.
If you must update to this current release, please be aware of the following issues and workarounds:
For AIO systems
The update disables 3D Display Mode after the release update is complete. To re-enable 3D, you can go into Settings ->Display->3D Display Mode (toggle on).
For Laptop systems
The update disables 3D Display Mode after the release update is complete. To re-enable 3D, perform the following steps:
- Go into Settings ->Display->3D Display Mode. Toggle the mode to ON.
- At this point, the screen will go black and not recover. Force shutdown the laptop by holding the power button for about 5 seconds.
- Wait a few seconds and the power the laptop back on by pressing the power button.
- When the laptop is back at the Windows Desktop, go back into Settings ->Display->3D Display Mode. Make sure that this is toggled ON.
The laptop should know retain this setting and work properly.
If this doesn’t work, run a Repair on the GPU driver and repeat the above steps. If you continue to have issues, please contact zSpace Customer Support.