zSpace has identified an issue affecting zSpace Laptops. After updating to the most recent GPU driver, you may experience the following:
- Some applications, when launching, may not appear to launch. If you attempt to launch them a second time, nothing will happen.
- Some applications may crash when launched.
- Windows Device Manager may show the following error message:
Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this devise. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damage, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. Error 52.
Please use the following workaround to disable secure boot while we investigate a final solution.
- Shutdown your laptop
- Press the power button to turn on laptop and immediately press the escape (esc) key a few times. You will see the following screen.
- On this screen, the touch pad will not work. Navigate to Secure Boot Option by pressing the right arrow key and down arrow key on keyboard. Press enter on Secure Boot Option.
- Press down arrow to highlight Enforce Secure Boot. Press enter. A new small window will open. Press the down arrow to highlight enable and press enter to select enable.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit. Select Yes again.
- Select Ok. At this point, your laptop will boot to Windows.