zSpace has made available an update which will optimize settings in Windows to increase performance on the zSpace Laptop.
Directions for use
- The zSpace System Optimizations are available and can be installed through App Manager. Please see zSpace App Manager Installing Applications.
Operating System Optimizations
Below is a description of each settings and how to manually make these changes to your zSpace Laptop.
Adjust visual effects for best performance
- Select the Windows Start button, type performance. In the search results, select Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.
- Select the Visual Effects tab.
- Under custom, uncheck everything except Smooth Edges of Screen Fonts.
- Select Ok.
Disable transparency effects
- Select the Windows Start button, type transparency. In the search results, select Show transparency in Windows.
- Under More options, set Transparency effects to Off.
Disable search indexing
- Select the Windows start button, type indexing. In the search results, select Indexing options.
- Select Modify.
- Under Change selected locations, uncheck everything.
- Select OK.
Run Native Image Generator (ngen.exe)
- Select the Windows Start button, type cmd. In the search results right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
- Type C:\Windows\microsoft.net\framework64\v4.0.30319\ngen.exe update /force and press enter.
- This process will take several a long time. You can continue to use the computer while this process runs.
Change Microsoft telemetry to minimum (uploading of logs to Microsoft)
- Select the Windows Start button, type gpedit. In the search results, select Edit group policy.
- Select and expand, Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Data Collection and Preview Builds. In the right panel, double-click Allow Telemetry.
- Set to Enabled.
- Under options, select 0 - Security (Enterprise Only).
- Select OK.
Disable Superfetch service (Note, Windows has renamed this to SysMain)
- Select the Windows Start button, type computer management. In the search results, select Computer Management.
- Expand and select Services and Applications -> Services.
- In the right panel, double-click Superfetch.
- Select the Stop button. The service will stop.
- Under startup type, set this to Disabled.
- Select OK.
Enable GPU Rasterization and Out of process rasterization.
- Open Chrome, in the address bar, type chrome://flags. Select enter.
- Using ctrl-F, search for GPU rasterization. Set this to Enabled.
- Search for Out of process rasterization. Set this to enabled.
- Click Relaunch Now.