The zSpace Laptop consists of 4 hardware components*.
All of these devices are important or required for correct operation of zSpace. The intent of this article is to describe each component and to help you identify and verify each one is correct and in working condition.
- Model Number: zSpace Laptop
- Product Number: W1847
- CPU: AMD APU A9
- Display: 15.6" HD display (1920x1080)**
- Memory: 8 GB DDR4 DRAM
- Size: when closed 1 1/5"h, 15 3/8"w, 10 3/4"d
- Power requirements: 20 V, 65 W
- Windows 10
- Connectors: USB 3.0 - 2 ports, Audio input/output, HDMI, Stylus input, USB-C (power, USB 3.0, USB 2.0, Display Port)
* These hardware components and specifications are subject to change. Please contact zSpace Sales for current specifications. Further details in specifications can also be found at http://zspace.com/technology.
** zSpace displays run at 1920x1080 resolution. The zSpace Laptop does have HDMI out on the side of the zSpace display, for connecting an external display, which supports HDMI specifications 1.4. HDMI specifications 1.4 limits HDMI to 1920x1080 at 60hz when using stereoscopic. For this reason, display devices which support 4K resolutions will not display correctly if the external display is set to anything above 1920x1080 or 60hz resolutions when using stereoscopic. For assistance in changing your display resolution, please see managing multiple display configurations.
LED Power indicator - On AC power:
Solid Orange = Battery Charging - System S0/S5
Solid Green = Battery Fully Charged - System S0/S5
Flashing Orange = Battery Charging and system sleeping - System S3
Flashing Green = Battery Fully Charged and system sleeping - System S3
LED Power indicator - On Battery
Flashing Green = System sleeping - System S3
Green + Orange = Battery error - System S0/S3/S5
Using the provided power supply with your zSpace is important. Using an incorrect power supply could lead to:
- zSpace hardware damage
- Failure to power up
- Poor or inconsistent performance
- Intermittent signal loss (blue screen and/or flashes)
- Blank black screen
For reference, the specifications on our zSpace Laptop power supply is:
- Chicony Power Technology Co. model A17-065N1A
- Input 100-240V, 1.8AA, 50-60 Hz
- Output: 20V, 3.25A
Label on back side of power supply:
Note the serial number in the lower right-hand corner.
- SKU: 460-00029-01
zSpace requires the use of polarized eye wear with tracking markers. The Eye wear is available as wearable glasses with five (5) tracking markers. Missing tracking markers will lead to head tracking not working correctly. zSpace Laptop eye wear is not the same as eye wear used with previous zSpace models.
zSpace Laptop uses a new stylus design. The stylus is the same length but now uses a mini-USB connector.
- SKU number: HW-STL-02-01
- Serial number on label near connector