zSpace Configuration Check is a simple tool which can be run without installation on a PC. It will scan your computer checking to see your PC is up to date by checking your application versions, hardware driver versions, and verifying important URLs are accessible.
Once the information is gathered, the user may select to save a file to the computer or have this file automatically uploaded to zSpace, Inc. for analysis.
zSpace Configuration Check is designed to work with zSpace 300 model. While it will run on other PC models and zSpace models, you may see "warning" or "fail" messages for some items such as GPU type.
zSpace Configuration Check can downloaded from https://zSpace.com/downloads. It is also now included in zSpace App Manager and can be found in the Windows Start Menu under the zSpace folder.
How is this used?
Using Configuration Check allows a user to run a single application instead of checking multiple other sources to make sure their zSpace hardware and zSpace related applications are up to date. Commonly, zSpace Support or zSpace PD trainers may request Configuration Check to be run ahead of a scheduled training session.
Simply download and run the file as is. For portability, it can be run easily from USB thumb drive. When the application runs, the zSpace information will be collected and displayed. An active Internet connection is required. Upon running the application, the first screen will be shown is below. the Configuration Check report will be run and shown as in the below image.
Anything which is green is expected and considered a pass. Anything in yellow, such as an application not installed or license file missing, is yellow. Anything which is red is considered a failure. An application being out of date or incorrect driver versions would be the common reasons for a failure.
Upon selecting save, you will see the following screen:
Your saving options are:
- Save to PC (default) - Selecting this option will open a window to select a location where to save your html Configuration Check log file.
- Upload to zSpace - Selecting this option will give you the option to enter your email address before submitting and uploading your html Configuration Check log file to zSpace.
- Include zSpace System Logs - Selecting this option will also include all zSpace system logs to be included when your Configuration Check log file is saved or uploaded.
What information is collected?
Each zSpace STEM application is checked to see if it is installed and the version which is installed. When applicable, licenses are also checked.
Information about the zSpace is collected including zSpace model and serial number. Other PC information such as model number and bios version used by your PC. Finally, power management, basic GPU information, and webcam model are reported.
zSpace Utilities include and non-STEM software titles. For applications which run as a Windows service, the status of the service is checked.
zSpace Inc. closest partner applications are also checked similar how STEM Applications are also checked.
zSpace required URLs are checked to see if they are accessible from the zSpace.
- When saving, the option to include all logs is now the default option.
- The "status" text can now support tooltip text and clickable URLs. This will allow us to create notes for customers and link to support articles to better support warning conditions.
- Clarified license check messages.
- Human Anatomy version and build can now be checked.
- Added ability to detect number of display devices and monitors connected to system.
- Added support for GTA applications
- Added support for capturing license information
- Camera information now displays for zSpace AIO units
- Saving or uploading is now done after the Configuration Check log is created.
- zSpace licensed applications now show the expiration date of the license.
- Added an announcement line across the bottom of the window. zSpace can use this to send important announcements to customers.
- Updated all VIVED Learning applications to the new product names, VIVID Science and VIVED Anatomy.
- Added support for zSpace Packager.
- Rebranded zSpace 300 to zSpace AIO.
- Added support for new Studio model packs
- New Configuration Check icon