If you experience this issue, this has been resolved by updating Leopoly to version 2.5.2 through the zSpace App Manager.
After launching Leopoly, when clicking on any of the buttons, the following error may appear:
"The program can't start because MSVCP120.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem".
Once you click OK, you cannot enter any part of the Leopoly application. There is a missing .dll file on the zSpace 300 that Leopoly requires to run.
You can also perform the following workaround:
- Launch zSpace App Manager.
- Locate the zView Software and select "Install".
- Allow zView to Install and Complete.
- Once complete, locate the zView application in App Manager again and click the arrow next to the "Open" button and select "Uninstall".
- Once complete, close zSpace App Manager and attempt re-launch Leopoly. You should now be able to launch Leopoly properly.
NOTE: zSpace 300 systems shipping with Windows 10 already installed do not exhibit this issue as the dll are already installed.
Using zSpace 200 or performing clean install of Windows 10
If you performing a clean install of Windows 10 or using a non-zSpace PC you might also receive the same error message stating msvcr120_clr0400.dll is missing. This file can be replaced by doing the following.
- Download the two files, msvcr120_clr0400.dll and msvcp120_clr0400.dll attached below in this article.
- Open Windows Explorer (My Computer) by pressing the Windows Key + E on the keyboard.
- Browse to C:\Windows\System32\ folder.
- Copy the two files previously downloaded to C:\Windows\System32\ folder.