Configuration guide for new zSpace AIO systems shipped after July 2017.
Document # 770-00053-01 Rev B
This guide describes how to run through the Windows setup upon starting your zSpace AIO for the first time. Please note that these steps are specific to the latest zSpace AIO systems. The Windows setup steps for earlier systems may differ slightly. Before powering on your zSpace AIO for the first time, follow the steps in the zSpace AIO QuickStart Guide to set up the hardware. You must complete some configuration tasks before you can start using the system. These steps include:
- Complete Windows Configuration to create a local Windows account and log on to the
operating system using the local account.
- Optional Post Configuration tasks.
Important: Do not plug the RJ-45 wired network connection into to your zSpace 300 until the initial configuration is complete. If the network cable is connected, the steps listed here will differ in several ways, and this document does not cover those differences. Once you have completed these initial configuration steps, you may plug in your wired network connection or connect to a wireless network from the desktop of your zSpace AIO system.
For more information about setting up your system, see the zSpace Setup Guides at zSpace.com/setup.
Contact zSpace Customer Support at support.zSpace.com or call 877-977-2231.
This section describes the initial configuration steps for Windows 10.
- Power on the zSpace AIO and wait for the initial configuration screen.
- At the Continue in selected language? prompt, highlight the language you want to use such as English (United States) and click Yes. Installation continues in the chosen language. The installer displays the message Just a moment.
- The installer displays messages from Cortana during setup and displays other screens
and messages while processing. Do not interrupt the process. Wait for the installer to
prompt you for input. This process may take more then 10 minutes.
- At the Let’s start with region. Is this right? prompt, highlight your region (such as United States) and click Yes.
- At the Is this the right keyboard layout? prompt, highlight the keyboard layout you are using and click Yes.
- At the Want to add a second keyboard layout? prompt, click Skip.
- At the Who’s going to use this PC? prompt, enter your user name and click Next.
- At the Create a super memorable password prompt, click Next.
Important: Do not enter a password for this account.
- At the Make Cortana your personal assistant? prompt, click No.
- Windows 10 will continue the installation process. During this time, the system displays the desktop. Please wait as the system is performing configuration updates int eh background. Once complete, the system will restart again. Note this takes several minutes.
- Once the system has restarted a second time, you will be taken to the desktop. Initial setup is now complete and you can now continue setting up your zSpace AIO.
The customized zSpace environment excludes standard Windows options like Internet Explorer and the Windows store. The operating system automatically opens your zSpace account each time you turn on the computer.
If you have any questions contact zSpace Customer Support at support.zSpace.com or call877-977-2231.
The following post configuration tasks are optional but recommended.
Power Management settings are what controls when you zSpace goes to sleep. There are separate settings for the display to sleep and hard drive sleep. The default sleep settings for Windows 10 are 10 minutes for the display and 30 minutes for the hard drive.
Unlike a traditional display, the zSpace display wakes from sleep slightly differently. You may not see any on screen notification that the zSpace is coming out of sleep mode. Simply pressing a key on the keyboard or clicking a button on the mouse should wake the zSpace from sleep.
zSpace System Software, when installed, will not allow the zSpace hard drive to sleep when it is running regardless of the Windows settings. The display may still sleep. If any zSpace application, which has tracking, is running, this will prevent the display from going to sleep regardless of the Windows setting.
- From the Windows Start Menu, navigate to Settings > System > Default apps.
- Select Web Browser and choose the Google Chrome option.
- Close the windows opened to complete these steps. Chrome is now the default browser.