Student STEM and Higher-Ed PCs connected to a zSpace 200 are equipped with a 128GB Hard Drive. When installing the most recent STEM Applications using zSpace App Manager, the drive might have limited drive space causing issues with the install running out of disk space. To avoid this, zSpace recommends one of the two following options to install your zSpace App Manager applications successfully.
Option 1 (recommended)
This is an automated option requiring less user input to complete.
- Download the attached z200AppManagerBatch.bat file attached to the bottom of this article.
- On the downloaded file, right click and select "Run as administrator".
- The script will run and close when completed. You may see several User Account Control prompts open each time a zSpace package is installed. Please review and select yes to continue the installation.
This is a manual option requiring the user to select each package to install in a certain order.
- Make sure that you have at least 40GB of free hard drive space. If you have less than 40GB of free space, please clear up some drive space or contact zSpace Customer Support to assist you.
- Launch App Manager.
- First, run the Update or Install for Studio only in the following order:
- zSpace Studio STEM Model Pack 1-13
- zSpace Studio STEM Model Pack 14-17
- zSpace Studio
- zSpace Studio STEM Activity Pack 1
- zSpace Franklin's Lab and associated STEM content
- zSpace Newton's Park and associated STEM content
- zSpace Experience
- Leopoly 3D Designer for zSpace
- VIVED Science and VIVED Science Sessions
- zSpace Curie's Elements and Activity Pack
- zSpace Euclid's Shapes and Activity Pack
- zSpace Analytic's Utility
Note: zSpace Introduction and Let's Cook are additional demo and fun applications. If you wish to install these after completing Step 8, you may. Also to save time, skip over any apps for which you have not purchased. This will reduce your time to update.
If you have any issues, please contact zSpace Customer Support.