An issue has been discovered using Microsoft LifeCam when using Microsoft Windows provided drivers with Windows 7, 8.1, or 10. This will cause the webcam to not calibrate properly. With Windows 10 you will never see the web camera image on the screen and with Windows 8.1 the camera will never align properly to calibrate the web camera to zView. The camera image may also severely flicker.
*Update* Updating to Windows 10 Anniversary update will resolve this issue. If possible, update your system instead of following the below steps.
Confirm what driver is being used
- If you are using a zSpace 300, connect your web camera to the backside USB port. For all other systems use any USB port but once you pick a port always use that same port.
- Right-click on the Windows Start button and select Device Manager.
- Find Imaging devices in the list and click on it to expand.
- Find Microsoft LifeCam in the list. Right-click on it and select Properties.
- Select the Drivers tab.
- Check your driver version as shown in the below screenshot.
- If you are using a zSpace 300, connect your webcam to the backside USB port. If you are not using a zSpace 300 make sure you have your web camera connected to the USB port which you intend to use in the future. You must continue to use the same USB port or you will need to perform these steps again.
- From the same window while viewing the driver version, select Roll Back Driver.
- If the option to roll back driver is grayed out or otherwise not available, complete the below section Deleting Driver.
- Select Yes to confirm driver rollback.
- Select Close.
- If you move your camera to another USB port the newer driver will be again installed. Continue to use the same USB port to avoid having to rollback the driver again.
- If you are using a zSpace 300, connect your webcam to the backside USB port. If you are not using zSpace 300 make sure you have your web camera connected to the USB port which you intend to use for future use.
- From the same page while viewing the driver version, select Uninstall.
If the recommended steps above do not resolve your issue, please contact zSpace Customer Support for further assistance.