To install VIVED Science, you need to make sure you have your VIVED Science License Key. The license key should be on the zSpace web portal. If you are unable to locate your license keys, contact customer support online or call (877) 977-2231. Once you have a copy of your license keys, follow the preliminary steps listed below.
- Prerequisites: Before installation
- Install VIVED Science
- Registering and licensing VIVED Science for the first time
- Activation and Configuration
- Turning on hidden models
- Deactivate or reclaim a license key
- Log in to your zSpace system as a user with administrator rights.
- Check to see that the date and time are correct.
- Connect to the internet.
- Locate the App Manager and double-click to open.
- Locate VIVED Science Application
- If the button shows Install or Update, please click to Install or Update. If the button shows Uninstall, you are up-to-date and can skip to the next section.
NOTE: Installing VIVED Science through App Manager will uninstall and delete the previous version of Cyber Science or VIVED Science for zSpace.
- Once the installation is complete, close App Manager. There should now be a VIVED Science shortcut on your desktop.
- Locate the VIVED Science shortcut icon on your desktop. Double-click the icon to start VIVED Science.
- The Registration menu should now be open. Click the Add License Key.
- Fill out the email you want associated with this license key, create and confirm your password (remember to copy it down), and paste the license key provided to you into the User Key box.
Tip: If you do not know your license key, you may be able to find your licenses in the zSpace License Portal.
- Once all of the information is filled in correctly, click Register.
- An email will be sent to the the email address you just used to register your VIVED Science.
- Click the link received in your email to activate the account.
Note: Once you register the license key with an account, it will be tied to your account, and you will no longer need to remember the license key.
- Log in using the email and password for the account you just created. If you see the Registration Menu again, click on the Have an account? Login here.
- Enter the email address and password you just created and click Remember Me circle. This will automatically log you in the next time you launch the application.
- Click User Profile (silhouette icon at the bottom of the screen)
- Under My User Keys click Activate next to the license to authorize the computer for use with zSpace. This will also ensure you don’t need an Internet connection to use the software.
NOTE: The button will change to Return once activated. You can use this in the future if you need to deactivate the license on this zSpace. If the button already says Return, then it is already active.
TIP: If you have several license keys associated with your email or you want to know what license key to activate, you can click on Enable zSpace and that will display the license key.
- Next click the Settings Icon which is the gear at the bottom of the screen.
- To enable zSpace, under the Hardware Platform, click zSpace.
- Under the Display, click Force Fullscreen on Start. This will ensure that the system, is started in full screen mode.
- You can now click the Home Icon and begin using the new VIVED Science.
You have now registered, licensed, and activated VIVED Science for this zSpace system. If you have more than one zSpace system, you only have to repeat the Activation and Configuration steps for each of the remaining zSpace Systems.
VIVED Science contains models which may be considered not appropriate for certain viewers. For this reason, VIVED Science, when installed using zSpace App Manager, hides certain models by default. This can be enabled or disabled as needed. Please see the VIVED Science Hiding Models.
- Launch and log into VIVED Science. You do not have to be logged into VIVED Science to use VIVED Science but you must be logged into VIVED Science to activate or deactivate a license.
- Select the User Profile icon.
- If your VIVED Science application is activated, you will see a button labeled Return. Select this button.
- If the deactivation or returning is complete, you will see "Success" under the Submit Key button and the button will change from "Return" to "Activate".
- You can exit the application and use that seat to activate on a different system.
If you require further assistance, please contact zSpace Customer Support.