There are a few symptoms that may tell you that your zSpace tracking service may not be running:
- My Stylus is plugged-in but does not work in zSpace applications.
- When I open a zSpace application, the screen goes quickly from 3D to 2D, even while holding my glasses and Stylus in front of the screen.
- When I move my head while wearing my zSpace tracking glasses, the perspective does not change.
If these symptoms occur, you have a couple of options to check on the tracking service:
- Open up a zSpace application such as Newton's, Franklin's or Experience
- Check the infrared (red) lights in the camera ports:
- For the zSpace 300 - There are two visible camera ports located on both the left and right side on the screen.
- For the zSpace 200 - The four camera ports are on top of the Display.
If the infrared lights do not appear, the tracking service is not working properly and we recommend rebooting the PC.
z200 Infrared Lights
z300 Infrared Lights
- Right Click on the Windows Task Bar and open the Windows Task Manager
- Click on the Services Tab
- Look for "zSpaceTrackingService" (Should be Running)
- If the tracking service is stopped, the recommendation is that you restart the machine.
For more troubleshooting tips on tracking, please Click Here.