There are a few symptoms that may tell you that your zSpace tracking service may not be running:
- The Stylus is plugged-in but does not work in zSpace applications.
- Running a zSpace application, the screen goes quickly from 3D to 2D, even while holding the glasses and stylus in front of the screen.
- Moving your head while wearing my zSpace tracking glasses, the perspective does not change.
If these symptoms occur, you have a couple of options to check on the tracking service:
- Open up a zSpace application such as Newton's Park, Franklin's Lab, or zSpace Demo
- Check the infrared (red) lights in the camera ports:
- For the zSpace 300, AIO, and AIO Pro - There are two visible cameras located on both the left and right side on the screen.
- For the zSpace Laptop - There are three visible cameras located across the top of the display.
If the infrared lights do not appear, the tracking service is not working properly and we recommend rebooting the PC.
zSpace Laptop Infrared Lights
zSpace AIO/AIO Pro/300 Infrared Lights
- Right-click on the Windows Task Bar and open the Windows Task Manager
- Click on the Services tab
- For the zSpace 300, AIO, and AIO look for "zSpaceTrackingService". For the zSpace Laptop, look for "zSpaceService". The service should be in a "Running" state.
- If the tracking service is stopped, the recommendation is that you restart the machine.