The EDU server is pre-installed on STEM Teacher PCs, but not pre-installed on zSpace 300 systems.
To verify if the EDUserver is installed and running on a specific zSpace system, you can perform the following steps:
- On a Windows 8.1 or 10 machine, right-click the Windows Start icon at the bottom left of the screen.
- Find and click on Task Manager. A new window will appear.
- If the Window has aN option for "More Details", click on this text to expand the information.
- Locate and click on the Services tab.
- Find under the Name, zSpace Edu server. If you see the service, it means EDU server is installed. Also, check the status. If the Status is "Running", that means it is also operating properly.
- If the EDUserver is Stopping that means it is not running correctly. Right-click on it and select Start. If the server does not start please take a look at this article here.
If you do not see the service, it is possible that EDUserver is not installed.
- Close this window and again, right-click on the Windows Start Icon.
- Find and click "Programs and Features".
- Find zSpace Education Server. If you see this name, than EDUserver is installed, but for some reason not running. Please contact zSpace Customer Support.
If you do not see the application under Programs and Features, than you can download and install the EDU server from https://zspace.com/downloads. For information on the EDU Server Release and installation instructions, click here.
For additional assistance, please contact zSpace Customer Support.