To import logins from a .csv, or comma-separated file, follow these steps:
- Create an Excel spreadsheet in the format of the sample file. See the following example.
Note: Alternatively, you can edit the "Sample.csv" file, located in C:\zSpace\EduServer. We have also attached to this article, scroll to the bottom of the page to download the attachment.
Example in Excel:
- In Excel, select File -> Save As from the menu. In the Save As dialog, the select CSV (comma delimited) file type.
- Click Save. On the warning dialog that appears, click on Yes.
- Open AnswerWeb on a teacher station. By default, AnswerWeb should be the home page in your Google Chrome browser. If not, the site can be accessed by entering the URL http://localhost:4000 on the machine where the EDU Server is installed.
- Login as a teacher level account. If no teacher is created, you will need to create a new account using the Create Account link.
- Once logged in, click on Accounts in the AnswerWeb menu bar.
- Click on the Import Accounts button.
- In the dialog that appears, select the CSV file you saved in step 2. Click on Open.
- The Accounts page will refresh when the file is loaded. Depending on the number of accounts, this may take a few minutes. For example, importing 5000 accounts will take about 25 minutes.
- To complete the import process, click on the Import button one more time.
The import process does not create passwords. When users login to the STEM applications for the first time, they are prompted to reset their passwords. They can leave the passwords blank if desired.
This information can also be found in the "STEM Lab Administrator's Guide" located here.
Example in Notepad for those editing the file outside of Excel: