zSpace encourages users to use zSpace Zone to launch zSpace-enabled applications. Zone monitors these applications and re-launches them as needed. Zone also provides a single launch point which is ideal for students in a classroom setting. Zone comes installed with the recommended settings for the best student experience.
The primary settings are:
- Zone is locked (no password set). This reduces the possibility of students removing or adding items to Zone.
- The menu is hidden when Zone is locked. This prevents modifying Zone's parameters because the menu is not visible.
- Zone runs in full screen when locked. This provides the best virtual experience.
- You can only run one application at a time.
- You cannot edit application settings.
- You cannot switch applications (for example with Alt-tab).