The zSpace App Manager provides a simple way for you to download, install, and update many of the zSpace applications, content, and demos. By downloading and using zSpace App Manager you agree to the zSpace Programs Master Terms and Conditions.
This article is for the most recent version of App Manager, 4.x. If you are still using the prior release of App Manager, please see App Manager Release Info 3.x.
- User Guide
- User Interface
- Managing Application Library
- Command Line Interface (CLI) and App Manager IT Guide
- Legal Notice
- Release Notes
All zSpace downloads are now available at https://zSpace.com/downloads including App Manager. Currently, App Manager is not available for direct download and can only be installed by updating from a prior release.
For complete list of applications supported by zSpace App Manager, all other zSpace supported applications, and where to download them, please see zSpace Software Matrix.
All zSpace computers ship with App Manager pre-installed. In the case you need to install App Manager, update App Manager as outlined in Updating and Installing zSpace Applications.
Internet connection is required to use App Manager. If you are not connected, App Manager displays the error message: Failed to contact the alias server. You will need to restart App Manager once connected to the Internet.
- Click on the Windows start button and type App Manager. Click on the App Manager in the search results.
App Manager requires Administrator rights to install software. If you are prompted, enter the administrator password to continue. If you do not have this password, please reach out to your network IT team.
- At startup, App Manager displays status message: Updating. Checking for update. Next, you may see a message stating Checking Applications States where a scan of your system is performed. Finally, all zSpace applications which can be installed, or are installed, will be shown.
Along the top of App Manager are 4 menu options as described below.
Here, all applications which are supported by zSpace App Manager are displayed. The Library is divided into 3 sections: Available Updates, Available Software, and Installed Software.
There are 3 settings options as explained below.
App Manager, as of version 3.0.0, supports selecting different channels for downloads. When an alternate channel is selected, the available downloads for that channel will be displayed. The currently available channels are:
For assistance on determining what channel you should use for your zSpace lab, please see Updating your zSpace to 2019.
Some applications and their updates are only available by selecting appropriate channels.
- zSpace 2019 - The currently released zSpace 2019 version of zSpace applications. Most users should use this version.
- zSpace Classic - Use this for zSpace 300, zSpace AIO, and zSpace AIO Pro where you are currently using the EDU Server.
App Manager supports the ability to limit download speeds. This setting allows a user to limit or control the speed at which downloads are performed. The default option is Unlimited.
Currently App Manager is supported in the following languages: US English, Chinese Simplified, Turkish, Spanish, and Russian. <Need to see what default does on China unit>
The Help menu item links to online resource for App Manager, this article here.
The about menu will give you basic information about the App Manager application.
- If not already selected, select the Library menu item.
- If there are available updates, click on Update All button in the upper right hand corner. This will update all applications which have available updates.
- You can also manage individual applications. To do this, there are Update, Uninstall, and Repair options.
- will update the individual application.
- will uninstall the individual application.
- will repair an existing installation. Repair checks the files on the system versus what is expected and reinstall any missing or corrupted files. Repair should only be used when an application is not working or direct by zSpace Support.
- If not already selected, select the Library menu item.
- You can manage individual applications. To do this, select the Install button to the right of the application title.
App Manager uses dependencies to group related packages. If you start the install or update of a package that has dependencies, App Manager will install required dependencies automatically.
Use the button to uninstall applications. When needed, each application must be individually uninstalled.
For the current version of App Manager, this feature has been disabled. This feature will be included in future releases of App Manager.
A new feature was introduced with App Manager version 3.0. Updates are now automatically done nightly at 2am. These updates are done at a system level, therefore, being logged into the system is not required. Only the last selected repository will be updated.
This feature can be disabled by:
- Click on the Windows Start button and type Task Scheduler. Click on Task Scheduler in the search results.
- In the left panel, click Task Scheduler Library and in the center panel browse to the zSpace App Manager Nightly Update.
- Right click on zSpace App Manager Nightly Update and select disable.
- *Double clicking on zSpace App Manager Nightly Update will allow you make other changes to this task.
The default options for this feature are:
- Wake computer to run this task.
- Run daily at 2am.
- Only run if computer is on AC power.
- Each time App Manager is updated, these defaults are reset.
From a Command Prompt window you can enter App Manager CLI arguments. For more on this, please see the App Manager IT guide.
Note: zSpace-enabled software applications can be proprietary to zSpace ("zSpace Software") or may be proprietary to a third party ("Third Party Software"). Certain software (and/or content) may be installed on hardware supplied by zSpace ("Embedded Software"). All software is collectively referred to as the "Software." All Software is licensed and not sold. License terms are set forth in a separate license agreement. All zSpace Software may be used only with the zSpace product for which it was supplied and may not be copied or modified. Third Party Software may be subject to license terms provided by the third party accompanying the Third Party Software. Embedded Software may only be used on the hardware with which it was provided. Software license terms and conditions are available at https://zspace.com/downloads.
- App Manager now fully supports differential updates. Updates packages will contain changes only and not complete installations, leading to significant reduction in update times.
- The infrastructure for App Manager has been changed to increase performance and reliability.
- The command line syntax has changed. Please see Command Line Interface.
- The number of content packs for zSpace Studio and zSpace Learning Apps has been reduced to one for each application.
- To update to App Manager 184.108.40.206, you must already be on App Manager 3.1.x installed. To first update to App Manager 3.1.x, please see Updating and Installing zSpace Applications.
- To install zCentral, Windows .NET framework 4.7.1 is required. This can be installed by following Microsoft's directions here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56115
- Leopoly and VIVED Science may show incorrect status. After installing either of the applications App Manager may report as being available to install again. Both applications are likely already installed and Configuration Check can be used to verify this.
- Offline Installation is not currently available. This will be added in a future release of App Manager.
- Applications which were installed with earlier versions of App Manager which are no longer available cannot be uninstalled.
Version 3.0.1 through 3.1.4
- App Manager now supports application updates. Studio model packs will now only download the needed content instead of downloading and installing every model in the package. This will significantly reduce the time needed to run updates.
- App Manager is now updated through App Manager in the same manner as the rest of the updates in App Manager.
- App Manager now has multiple locations (sources) to download content. The zSpace AIO and Laptop use different sources, as well as Labster.
- Nightly update feature has been added. At 2:00 am every day, if the zSpace is on or in sleep mode, the system will attempt to wake up and install all available zSpace updates.
Product fixes including:
- Stability of App Manager has been improved by managing how App Manager manages various errors and access of files.
- Fixed some cases where a generic “Installation error has occurred” error message.
- Clicking Update All will no longer crash app manager.
- Fixed in issue allowing a prior version of App Manager to be installed over a newer version of App Manager.
- Improved the reliability of the nightly update feature.