The zSpace App Manager provides a simple way for you to download, install and update many of the zSpace applications, content and demos. Downloading and using zSpace App Manager you agree to the zSpace Programs Master Terms and Conditions.
All zSpace downloads are now available at https://zSpace.com/downloads including App Manager.
zSpace App Manager manages downloads for:
- zSpace Demos including:
- zSpace Aquarium
- zSpace Let's Cook
- zSpace Missile Defense
- zSpace Planet Attack
- zSpace Tennis
- VIVED Science* (formally Cyber Science 3D)
- Newton's Park*
- Franklin's Lab*
- zSpace Studio*
- zSpace Studio STEM Model Packs (18 total)
- Curie's Elements*
- Euclid's Shapes*
- zSpace Experience
- Leopoly 3D Designer for zSpace*
- zSpace zView*
- zSpace Introduction
- zSpace System Software
- zSpace Packager
- zSpace Experiences
- Visible Body Human Anatomy Atlas*
- Additional titles coming soon
* Denotes additional licensing required to use application
- Please note that zSpace App Manager will uninstall zSpace Studio, Franklin's Lab, and Newton's Park if they are version 1.0 or below.
- Download and run the zSpace App Manager Install file.
- Install selecting the default options.
- Run zSpace App Manager by selecting the desktop icon.
Selecting alternate source (repository)
App Manager, as of version 3.0.0, supports selecting different sources for downloads. This can be done by selecting Sources from the top menu then selecting the source for the downloads. When an alternate source is selected, the available downloads will be displayed. The currently available sources are:
- zSpace Classic - Use this for zSpace 300, zSpace AIO, and zSpace AIO Pro
- zSpace 2019 (Laptop Only) - Only used for zSpace Laptops.
- Labster (LICENSED USERS ONLY) - This is for licensed Labster users only.
Some applications and their updates are only available by selecting different repositories.
- Please see this article for assistance in determining applications which have updates.
A new feature was introduced with App Manager version 3.0, updates are now automatically done nightly at 2am. These updates are done at a system level therefore being logged into the system is not required. Only the last selected repository will be updated.
This feature can be disabled by:
- Click on the Windows Start button and type Task Scheduler. Click on Task Scheduler in the search results.
- In the left panel, click Task Scheduler Library and in the center panel browse to the zSpace App Manager Nightly Update.
- Right click on zSpace App Manager Nightly Update and select disable.
- *Double clicking on zSpace App Manager Nightly Update will allow you make other changes to this task.
Some of the defaults options for this feature are:
- Wake computer to run this task.
- Run daily at 2am.
- Only run if computer is on AC power.
Updating App Manager
Please see this article for how to update App Manager
In some cases, it is possible to get App Manager into a state where everything is in a "waiting" state. If you close App Manager, it will not give you any prompts stating applications installations are in progress. When you open App Manager again, you will see installations are all still "waiting". This can be resolved by the following:
- Close App Manager
- Open file explorer, browse to C:\ProgramData\zSpace\Cache\win32\core. ProgramData is generally a hidden folder by Windows. You may need to type the location into the address bar as shown in the following screen shot.
- Delete the state.queue file.
- Open App Manager, select the applications to update again.
- Nightly updater feature has been added.
- Addition of multiple sources for different updates.
- Faster downloads and smaller updates.
- Progress bars to show downloads and installation progress.
- Better use of disk space to minimize disk space needed to install updates.
- Service tray icon has been removed.
- Bug fixes related to package dependencies.
- Improved presentation of Turkish localization.
- Fixed issue which may cause error message with Error Code 416 to be seen.
- Access to China has been updated.
- Bug fixes to increase stability and reliability.
If you have a slow Internet connection or no Internet connection and need the ability to install applications offline, please see this article here.