When trying to license zSpace Studio, Franklin's Lab, or Newton's Park, if you receive an error message "You are currently running this application within a virtual machine. Your license does not allow this [Error LIC1011]"
zSpace does not allow licensing from within Virtual Machines. If you are running within a virtual machine you will not be able to license your application.
Windows 8 and Windows 10 has a feature called Hyper-V. Hyper-V makes your PC run from within a virtual machine. You can disable this feature.
To disable Hyper-V:
- Click the Windows Start button, type control panel and below the search bar click on Control Panel when it appears.
- Click on Programs and Features.
- In the left column, click on Turn Windows features on or off. A new window will open.
- Scroll down the list and make sure Hyper-V is not checked.
- Press Ok. If you turned off Hyper-V, you will need to reboot your computer.