Combined with zSpace, zView allows users to share their work with an audience. It is an augmented reality display where the audience is able to appreciate the leader’s virtual perspective on any 2D projector, display or TV. Used in a classroom, it helps instructors lead students through projects in the most relevant way possible.
For Developers zSpace allows to integrate your own applications to be used with zView. The zView SDK allows you to enable any application for use with zView. The zView Unity package allows you to enable a Unity-based application for use with zView.
The latest release of zView Unity package is now part of the zSpace SDK and can be found here.
zView Unity Plugin 4.0 requires zView 4.0 or greater which can be downloaded on the zSpace Developer Portal.
zView Unity Plugin documentation can be found on the developer portal here. it can also be found installed when installing the zSpace SDK.
Additional help tips for screen preparation:
- Create a green plane or green box, with a hole around zSpace display.
- Make sure the background does not stick out the green plane or green box.
- Maintain the alpha value correctly if RGBA overlay is used.
- If there are depth fighting problems, change the zView camera’s near and far plane settings.
- The maximum width for the overlay is 1920.
- The maximum height for the overlay is 1080.
- The overlay format can be RGB or RGBA and can be switched at run-time. This can be very helpful for debugging.