Studio is zSpace’s rich model exploration and presentation tool allowing students to compare, dissect, analyze, measure, annotate and explore 1500+ 3D models from zSpace Model Gallery or 3D models created by students.
Teachers will find Studio a natural fit for creating complex scenes of content. It's easy to add labels, make annotations, take measurements, integrate multiple models to build a rich scene and create video tours of their models to share.
For more information please visit our zSpace EDU website.
Complete list of included Activities
For a complete description of all activities, including support materials and standards, refer to edu.zspace.com/activities.
zSpace Studio, activity pack, and model packs are now available via the zSpace App Manager.
Please contact your zSpace Authorized Reseller or sales representative to purchase a license.
Summer content update
- 18 new activities added
- Updates to more than 30 activities
- Over 150 new models
- Known Issues:
- If zSpace system is set to language other than the 3 supported languages, text may be missing in application.
- No export prompt when disconnected from EDU Server in Sandbox.
- Some models may not dissect into as many pieces as previous releases.
- Numerous bug fixes, including:
- Fixed “show labels” context menu option sometimes having no effect.
- Fixed deleting models while labels are visible, sometimes leaving behind orphaned labels.
- Fixed ability to re-save an already submitted activity (progress) to an Edu Server causing that
- submission to temporarily disappear from the Teacher Dashboard.
- Fixed images in PDFs sometimes being too blurry.
- Fixed username and password criteria mismatched between in-application and at Teacher Dashboard.
- Fixed inability to sign in using Guest account in some environments.
- Fixed inability to scroll to the bottom of some question text.
- Fixed import tooltip text.
- Fixed some models sometimes loading with yellow color.
- Fixed note pointers sometimes remaining when creating Tour Builder slides.
- Improvements and Enhancements:
- One installer now supports United States English (en-US), United States Spanish (es-US), and Chinese (zh-CN).
- Video & audio recording capability added.
- It is now possible to search and launch activities from the main menu.
- Activity Menu now easier to navigate, including support for arrow keys.
- User interface buttons, checkmarks, etc. now easier to activate when using the stylus.
- Multiple-choice and true-false question types now available when authoring activities.
- Immediate feedback option available for multiple-choice and true-false questions.
- Keyboard shortcuts added for common functions.
- Users may now choose languages other than English, at the Settings Window in-application.
- Users may now choose between small, medium, and large font sizes.
- Improvements to loading times when using Chinese locale.
- Additional folder shortcuts added to file browser.
- It is now possible to use links-to-launch URLs with user-created activities.
- Simplified language describing server connections.
- Multiple objects can be selected and manipulated at the same time.
- Undo & redo commands added.
- Audio files can now be embedded in activities.
- Models and model selections can now be duplicated.
- Model nameplates can now be disabled when authoring activities.
- Label viewing now has choice of nearest labels or all labels
- Label viewing can now be disabled per model when authoring activities.
- Keyboard shortcuts added for application-specific functions.
- Full support for mouse input added.
- Experimental support for running Studio on non-zSpace devices added.
- Application upgraded to 64-bit. More models may now be loaded concurrently.
- Question-to-question scene transition speed improved.
Fall and Winter 2016 content update
- More than 100 new activities added
- 18 activities have been updated
- Removed Activity: Building a solar cooker
- New categories added: Storytelling, ELA, Arts, and Field Guides
- Over 150 models have been added or updated
Improvements and Features
- Import photos into scene.
- Quick search for Model Gallery now available in the Backpack.
- Model labels now appear by part as the stylus points at the part.
- Animation controls.
- Over 100 new activities.
- Over 500 models have been added
All zSpace learning applications have the following new features.
- Importing activities are no longer required! Simply double-click a zSpace activity file and the application launches the activity.
- zSpace activities can be saved to disk and opened from disk.
- Guest users can now submit answers when connected to an edu server, no user accounts are required to submit answers.
- Help Screen is now available through the Home control bar.
- Activity search improvements – search by category, activity, or keyword.
- Background sound now stops when Text to Speech is playing.
- Animation controller is now present for models with idle-only animations
- Stylus beam and tip change visually when in dissect mode.
- Rest Screen now appears when the application has been idle.
- Background sound and sound effects added to all applications
with settings panel controls for sound created.
- Context Menu (right-click) has major usability improvements including:
- Click right button to open (rather than press & hold).
- Select menu item using the front button of the stylus.
- Context menu will remain present in scene until menu option is chosen or user clicks on something else in the scene.
- Improvements made to minimize Context Menu not appearing when activated.
- Added stylus haptics to the UI.
- UI and application environment updates to improve performance of applications.
- Server connection now remembered between zSpace applications.
- zView file recording location is shown accurately in the file browser.
- UI no longer appears in the Augmented Reality mode of zView.
- Imported activities can now be Reset.
- Animated models are not real-life scale.
- The context menu can appear fully or partially off screen.
- If an icon on a context menu is selected using the mouse, the desired action may not occur.
- Ambient sound does not fade out when Text to Speech is playing. Sound level can be reduced or muted in Settings to make Text to Speech audible.
- Label positioning is now closer to the model
- Missing label anchors have been replaced
- Model size has been adjusted so models are positioned correctly within activities
- Will prompt you for a license key the first time you open Studio.
- Added Windows 8.1 support
- 28 New Activities
- Activity updates to reposition models, fix questions and improve grammar
- Activity packs and model packs are now installed using zSpace App Manager
- New and improved tools, including:
- Simplified measurement tool
- Auto-arrange feature for models
- Improved tool for comparing models' sizes
- Camera and Picture-in-Picture window
- Option to tie specific scenes to questions in Activity Builder
- Simplified tour builder
- Guest user option allows for application use without a username and password
- New user interface including:
- Context menus for common actions
- Activity tiles with descriptions of the activities
- Larger buttons for easier selection
- Auto-hiding control bars and toolbars to maximize space
- Text to speech available for Activity Guide prompts and in-scene Notes
- Improved offline experience, including Export to PDF option for activity answers
- Export to PNG option for Media Gallery photos
- Cover photos for activities
- Additional settings options