Installing the zSpace EDU Server installs two applications made to work in conjunction with each other. The first and core part is the EDU Server and the second part is the AnswerWeb.
zSpace STEM applications were developed to work in a classroom setting allowing students to run selected activities. The EDU Server is a storage source for zSpace EDU STEM application activities. Users can load an activity from the EDU Server and save their progress back onto the EDU Server as they complete the activity. Upon completely the activity the student can submit their completed activity to their teacher.
After users have submitted their results the teacher can log into the AnswerWeb to view completed work. AnswerWeb is browser based.
zSpace downloads are now available at https://zSpace.com/downloads
EDU Server and AnswerWeb is installed by simply running the zSpaceEdu-ServerInstall file and selecting all default options. You will need to agree to installing IIS 8.0 web service to complete the installation.
Please view this article here for instructions for updating all zSpace STEM applications.
- No new updates
- Added support for Windows 8.1
- zSpace Education Server version 1.2.0 now supports auto-discovery, which simplifies configuration. You no longer need to add the Education Server's IP address to the EduApplicationSettings.json file for each zSpace STEM application.
Auto-discovery works as follows:
- If the zSpace STEM application has not connected to the Education Server before, the application displays a list of available servers.
- The next time you open the STEM application, it automatically connects to the Education Server you selected last time.
- If the application cannot connect to the last used Education Server, the application automatically displays the list of available servers again.
- To manually display the list of servers, click on the current connection in the lower right corner of the STEM application.
Important Note: Auto-discovery requires the Bonjour Service. If this is not installed on your computer, please contact your Reseller or zSpace Representative.
AnswerWeb New Features
The AnswerWeb is installed with the Education Server. AnswerWeb version 1.2.0 includes the following new features:
- Teachers can login with their STEM application logins instead of using the administrator login.
- Teachers can change their logins and edit their account information.
- Teachers can create new accounts either one at a time, or by importing a .csv file.
- Teachers can reset student passwords. This clears the existing password and prompts the user for a new password when the user next logs into the STEM application.
- Administrators can change teacher passwords directly in AnswerWeb. They can also reset teacher passwords so the teacher is prompted for a new password on the next log into the STEM application.
- AnswerWeb includes support for zSpace Studio, currently in development.
New Features and Improvements:
- Security Code: When you open the AnswerWeb page, you are prompted for a security code. Check with your system administrator or reseller for the security code and how to modify it for your site.
- Session Timeout: Your AnswerWeb session will timeout after 10 hours. Simply re-enter the security code when prompted.
- Automatic Updates: If a new version is available, the AnswerWeb page will prompt you. You can download the new version from the AnswerWeb menu bar.