Franklin's Lab provides an environment to build and troubleshoot circuits. Learners are guided through the basics of electrical current flow and then challenged to solve problems in circuits that are malfunctioning. Franklin's Lab also offers learners the ability to design their own circuits using motors, LEDs, resistors and various conductive materials.
For more information please visit our zSpace EDU website.
Franklin's Lab and content pack is now available via the zSpace App Manager. Please contact your zSpace Authorized Reseller or sales representative to purchase a license.
Complete list of included Activities
For a complete description of all activities, including support materials and standards, refer to edu.zspace.com/activities.
- Product fixes including:
- Moving the zSpace unit could cause UI issues in content menus.
- Icons for activity files have been updated.
- Application will now default to English if an unsupported locale is detected.
- Updated activities:
- Extended Tutorial.
- Fix to labels not appearing on some Troubleshooting models when using medium font size.
- Known issues and limitations
- When searching for activities, you cannot use search characters such as '&'.
- UI Elements in Franklin's Lab will not show up in display on zView.
- When setting text size to Large, some radio buttons will overlap in Activity Guide.
- If Home Menu Bar is set to the right side of the display, it will overlay when opening Workbench Menu.
- Product fixes including:
- Fixed ability to re-save an already submitted activity (progress) to an Edu Server causing that
- submission to temporarily disappear from the Teacher Dashboard.
- Fixed images in PDFs sometimes being too blurry.
- Fixed username and password criteria mismatched between in-application and at Teacher Dashboard.
- Fixed circuit simulation sometimes not functioning with some local user accounts with spaces in their
- Improvements and new features:
- Video & audio recording capability added.
- It is now possible to search and launch activities from the main menu.
- Activity Menu now easier to navigate, including support for arrow keys.
- User interface buttons, checkmarks, etc. now easier to activate when using the stylus.
- Multiple-choice and true-false question types now available when authoring activities.
- Immediate feedback option available for multiple-choice and true-false questions.
- Keyboard shortcuts added for common functions.
- Users may now choose languages other than English, at the Settings Window in-application.
- Users may now choose between small, medium, and large font sizes.
- Improvements to loading times when using Chinese locale.
- Additional folder shortcuts added to file browser.
- It is now possible to use links-to-launch URLs with user-created activities.
- Simplified language describing server connections.
- Keyboard shortcuts added for application-specific functions.
Starting with Summer 2017, many zSpace applications support keyboard shortcuts.