Franklin's Lab provides an environment to build and troubleshoot circuits. Learners are guided through the basics of electrical current flow and then challenged to solve problems in circuits that are malfunctioning. Franklin's Lab also offers learners the ability to design their own circuits using motors, LEDs, resistors and various conductive materials.
For more information please visit our zSpace EDU website.
Franklin's Lab and content pack is now available via the zSpace App Manager. Please contact your zSpace Authorized Reseller or sales representative to purchase a license.
Complete list of included Activities
For a complete description of all activities, including support materials and standards, refer to edu.zspace.com/activities.
All zSpace learning applications have the following new features.
- Importing activities are no longer required! Simply double-click a zSpace activity file and the application launches the activity.
- zSpace activities can be saved to disk and opened from disk.
- Guest users can now submit answers when connected to an eduserver, no user accounts are required to submit answers.
- Help Screen is now available through the Home control bar.
- Activity search improvements – search by category, activity, or keyword.
- Background sound now stops when Text to Speech is playing.
- Major visual updates.
- Improved performance.
- Corrected bug affecting the current flow in Workbench to ensure that current flows only when the object is connected to the breadboard.
- Background sound and sound effects added to all applications
with settings panel controls for sound created.
- Context Menu (right-click) has major usability improvements including:
- Click right button to open (rather than press & hold).
- Select menu item using the front button of the stylus.
- Context menu will remain present in scene until menu option is
chosen or user clicks on something else in the scene.
- Improvements made to minimize Context Menu not appearing when activated.
- Added stylus haptics to the UI.
- UI and application environment updates to improve the performance of applications.
- Server connection now remembered between zSpace applications.
- zView file recording location is shown accurately in the file browser.
- UI no longer appears in the Augmented Reality mode of zView.
- Imported activities can now be Reset.
- Will prompt you for a license key the first time you open Newton's Park
- Added support for Windows 8.1
- Version 188.8.131.52157
- Guest user option allows for application use without a username and password
- New user interface including:
- Context menus for common actions
- Activity tiles with descriptions of the activities
- Larger buttons for easier selection
- Auto-hiding control bars and toolbars to maximize space
- Text to speech available for Activity Guide prompts and in-scene Notes
- Improved offline experience, including Export to PDF option for activity answers
- Export to PNG option for photos taken with the Stylus Cam
- Cover photos for activities
- Additional settings options
Will prompted you for a license key the first time you open