Newton's Park offers learners the ability to build experiments, alter experiments, or learn through experiments created by the zSpace Teaching Team, to deepen their knowledge of Newtonian Mechanics. The activities and experiments offer learning opportunities for Newton’s Laws of Motion and Rube-Goldberg or chain-reaction activities. Learners can build simulations, change gravity, stop and reverse time while gathering data and interact with the data to discover the real physics behind the movement of the objects.
For more information please visit our zSpace EDU website.
Newton's Park and content pack are now available via the zSpace App Manager. Please contact your zSpace Authorized Reseller or sales representative to purchase a license.
Complete list of included Activities
For a complete description of all activities, including support materials and standards, refer to edu.zspace.com/activities.
- Improvements and new features
- Able to set properties for objects directly, without manipulating widgets.
- Icons for activity files updated.
- Product fixes including:
- Fixed play/pause button in zView Record mode.
- Moving the zSpace unit could cause UI issues in content menus.
- Application will now default to English if an unsupported locale is detected.
- Content updates:
- Numerous activities have been added or updated.
- Numerous bug fixes, including:
- Fixed ability to re-save an already submitted activity (progress) to an Edu Server causing that submission to temporarily disappear from the Teacher Dashboard.
- Fixed images in PDFs sometimes being too blurry.
- Fixed username and password criteria mismatched between in-application and at Teacher Dashboard.
- Improved text sometimes difficult to read in photos.
- Improvements and new features:
- Video & audio recording capability added.
- It is now possible to search and launch activities from the main menu.
- Activity Menu now easier to navigate, including support for arrow keys.
- User interface buttons, checkmarks, etc. now easier to activate when using the stylus.
- Multiple-choice and true-false question types now available when authoring activities.
- Immediate feedback option available for multiple-choice and true-false questions.
- Keyboard shortcuts added for common functions.
- Users may now choose languages other than English, at the Settings Window in-application.
- Users may now choose between small, medium, and large font sizes.
- Improvements to loading times when using Chinese locale.
- Additional folder shortcuts added to file browser.
- It is now possible to use links-to-launch URLs with user-created activities.
- Simplified language describing server connections.
- Added support for Chinese language.
- Keyboard shortcuts added for application-specific functions.
- Known issues and limitations
- When searching for activities, you cannot use search characters such as '&'.
Fall and Winter 2016 content update
- 12 new activities
- Removed Activities: Pro Golfer, Solar System Gravity Force - Ratios