zView provides a way to share the zSpace experience with others. Normally, only the person at the zSpace display experiences the application in stereoscopic 3D. On the zSpace display, observers will see the left and right eye images instead of a single fused 3D image. zView addresses this problem by capturing the zSpace experience in a separate window. zView enables you to project a user’s experience with zSpace onto a second monitor or screen. You will need an external USB web camera to capture the zSpace session.
- zView is not supported on the zSpace Laptop
- Webcam which supports HD resolutions (1080x720 or 1920x1080)
- zView enabled application
zView is now available via the zSpace App Manager.
Installation and Set up
In some situations, zView will tell you to head over to App Manager to install, even when already installed and licensed. This may happen when launching from within an app like Studio. Please download and install this .bat file that will update a specific registry entry and resolve this issue.
- Download the zip file containing the .bat
- Unzip the .bat file to a location on the zSpace machine
- Right-click the .bat and select "Run as administrator"
The file will run and apply the fix.
- Adding Turkish to available languages drop-down.
- zView must be installed on every zSpace for proper use of the zSpace learning application's Record function. zView does not need to be licensed on every zSpace. It should be licensed only on the station within the lab which will be used to project the zSpace experience.
- Spanish localization added.
- Native full-screen behavior restored.
- Various bug fixes, including:
- Fixed zView not saving calibration settings in some environments.
- Fullscreen option in zView has been disabled. Using F11 now maximizes the zView window.