zSpace Demo, formally zSpace Experience, is a demo application to highlight some of the features of zSpace and is provided free of charge.
zSpace Demo is now available via the zSpace App Manager.
The following keys allow you to control zView from within zSpace Experience
- z - Toggles between connecting and disconnecting from zView. When connected, zView starts in Standard View.
- x - Toggles between Standard View and Augmented Reality View.
- c - Toggles between pausing and resuming output to the zView window.
- + / - (plus / minus) Entends and shortens the stylus ray cast length.
- r - Resets zSpace Experience to initial launch state.
- s - Resets the current active scene.
- Name change from zSpace Experience to zSpace Demo.
- Fixed issue where zSpace Experience would minimize when launching zView in some environments.
- New desktop icon.
- New scene! Configure a watch by choosing components.
- Heartbeat animation synced to sound of heartbeat.
- UI Bubble added to Butterfly Home Button.
- Ambient sound added to Robot Arm scene.
- Faster Performance.
- Opening Scene:
- Challenge yourself with a chess puzzle: "White to move. Mate in two"
- Place the hovering objects into the orb to move into new scenes
- Heart Scene:
- EKG Tracing of heart beat
- Parts menu now remains visible in the scene
- Increase the heart rate: click on the Running Man icon to see and feel the heart rate increase
- Desk Scene:
- House model options expanded: choose between a blueprint view, painted, walls or frame only
- Robot Arm:
- Explode and Reform tools added
- Pick up the entire arm by selecting and lifting the arm from the red end piece
- Butterfly Scene
- Explore the stages of life through the butterfly: look under a leaf for the larvae, see the caterpillar move and observe the butterfly flapping its wings when you pick it up
- Sound effects added for objects in scene
- Angle awareness so that the scene perspective automatically updates as the zSpace display angle changes
- Controls moved to the front left of the scene to accommodate angle awareness
- New toy box scene
- Windows 8.1 compatibility
- Improved stability and image quality
- Integration with zView version 2.3.x or later no longer requiring zView to be launched before zSpace Experience. This allows users to control zView from inside zSpace Experience.
- zView will now not launch automatically. You must manually launch zView before launching zSpace Experience.
- The Director Scene (Monster) has been replaced with a nature scene which has animated butterflies and background forest sounds
- Updated to support zView 2.0
- zSpace Experience 3.0 is a port of the original zSpace Experience into Unity
- With this version we have added model shadows and have optimized it to work at highest quality graphic settings with nVidia Quadro 5010m and AMD Firepro m8900 mobile solutions. Any other graphics cards may not work or have poor experiences.
- Completely revamped interactive medical scene with haptic "heart beat" feedback, which now allows users to select and highlight individual elements of the heart
- Scene Reset key (S) which allows you to reset the current scene to default state instead of having to reset the entire application to the desktop startup scene.
- Scene toggles from 3D to 2D whenever there is a lack of stylus and head tracking activity for 3 seconds or more. Once activity resumes, the scene returns to 3D
- Developed with the Unity 3D engine
- Space Dock scene from the original application
- IPD adjustment and 2D/3D toggle key settings
- Quality level and windowed-mode selection (removed from 3.0.0)