zSpace Graphic Card (GPU) requirements:
The following series of cards are supported:
- NVIDIA Quadro or Quadro K series desktop or mobile
- AMD FirePro V or W series desktop or mobile
- AMD Radeon R7* or greater
The previous list of cards with the following support configuration:
- OpenGL quad buffered stereo
- DVI-D (Dual Link) or DisplayPort output connections
- 1920x1080 resolution @ 120hz
- 2gb of onboard memory or better
- Note: If you plan to use a laptop, please read our article in regards to using nVidia Optimus or the AMD Enduro.
- Information about using DisplayPort to DVI-D adapters
*AMD Radeon GPUs do not support OpenGL stereo 3D in windowed mode. For this reason, zSpace developed applications released prior to August 2014 may not support AMD Radeon GPUs.
If you are considering purchasing a new graphics card (GPU) for your system, please check the power requirements of your new graphics card and verify your PC power supply can provide enough power. Just because your PC can turn on with a graphics card does not mean it can meet the power requirements. Individual requirements should be assessed when determining which graphics card will suit your needs. Not all graphics cards are created equal.
zSpace is not fully compatible with the following line of cards for the various reasons given below:
- NVIDIA - All consumer Geforce series gaming cards - Lack of OpenGL quad buffered stereo without an optional license from nVidia
- AMD - All consumer Radeon series gaming cards - Recent Radeon R7 and R9 cards do support quad buffereOpenGLGL stereo in Full-Screen mode only but do not work in windowed stereo modes. All of zSpace's education applications and most of our partner applications operate in Full-Screen mode as it is the preferred Stereo experience.