This article lists most currently known issues for all applications supported on a zSpace system. Select an application to view specific known issues.
zSpace STEM Education
Common issues among all STEM applications
- In very rare cases, a licensed application is becoming deactivated. (949)
- When changing Activity Settings under Activity Builder, the category icons do not update. User must save and re-open activity for changes to take effect. (44)
- When creating or editing activities, Euclid's Shapes uses -1 to represent unlimited. All other applications use blank box. (43)
- The default setting to represent unlimited is -1 while the other zSpace applications use a value of nothing. (43)
- The help menu is missing some images which are referred to in the text.
- Stylus camera will not capture notes.
- When editing activities, Deflector Block does not have lock size constraint like other objects in the ramp category. (1707)
- If headphones are plugged in after Studio has been launched, you will not hear any audio. You must connect your headphones before launching the application. (1870)
- In some activities, the animation buttons appear but do not work. (2544)
- App Manager can get into a state where all updates are in a waiting state. Please see this article here for a workaround.
- If App Manager runs into error during nightly update, App Manager will not recover. Users will see an "App Manager already running" message when trying to run App Manager. Rebooting the zSpace will make App Manager available. (528)
- App Manager will crash if two packages are dependent on each other. (534)
- EDU Server will not reconnect in the case of network interruption
- Searching in Teacher Dashboard for activities may give error message and not return any search results.
- Importing accounts with same username but different capitalization is incorrectly allowed.
- Windows 10 Fall Creator Update will not allow zSpace System Software to be installed.
- If there is an secondary monitor connected to zSpace, it must be set to extended display or removed to install zSpace System Software. For assistance in changing resolutions, please see Managing multiple display configurations.
- Users must unplug all USB devices from their zSpace 300 except the mouse and keyboard prior to installing 5.1.0 or newer zSpace System Software.
- System Software cannot be installed over Remote Desktop Client.
- Some web cameras, zView may flicker when using augmented reality mode.
- With the new zSpace AIO, the center camera on the zSpace is the first available webcam on the list. You will need to select your correct webcam you intend to use with zView.
Partner and 3rd Party
GTAFE VR Auto Expert and Auto Mechanic.
- Licensing will not support multiple users. Only the user account who logged into computer and licensed VR Auto Expert and Auto Mechanic will be able to use the application.
- After licensing Human Anatomy Atlas, the application may ask for a license key again. If the license key is entered again a "Exceeded maximum activation" error message will be shown. Please contact zSpace support if this is seen so the license can be reset.
- License keys are version specific. Entering an annual license key into the perpetual version or entering perpetual license key into the annual version will activate the key but not activate the application.
- Animations after a duration of playing will cause Human Anatomy Atlas to crash.
- Any saved sessions which contain notes will show inconsistent behavior on load.
- In some cases, when deactivating a license, the license may say it has been deactivated but it has not. When trying to activate the license again you may get a message stating "maximum number of activations exceeded". If you experience this, please contact zSpace support. (4)
- On zSpace Laptop, scaling needs to be set at 100% or VIVED Science will appear to have a zoomed in look. (77)
- In rare cases, when trying to activate VIVED Anatomy you may see message stating "User key already activated". If this issue occurs, please contact zSpace Support. You will be asked to provide the log files and VIVED Anatomy license file from your zSpace.
- Windows Updates may cause performance issues. Even Windows simply checking to see if updates are available and not downloading or installing any may cause decrease in performance on your PC. If you notice a stuttering in your tracking movement, reboot your computer.
- zSpace AIO screen may flicker when closing zSpace applications. (679)
- zSpace AIO and 300 may crash when Promethean projector is connected. (133)
- zSpace 300 screen may flicker, screen may go black when connecting second display, or zSpace display may turn off when second display is connected.