Recording in zSpace now captures both video and audio! You can record what you see in zSpace applications and save the recording as a MP4 video file. The size of this file is determined by the quality you selected covered later in this article.
For a brief video overview of the feature, please click here.
Students can record their screen and capture audio using the built-in microphone on the zSpace AIO.
Recording is available in the following applications:
The Record feature does require zSpace zView to be installed on the system, but does not require a license.
Launch Record Controls
- When you are in the application go to the Home Control Bar on the left side of the screen.
- Click the Present & Record button (1).
- Click on Record (2) to see recording options appear at the top of the screen.
- Users have the ability to Start, Pause, and Stop recordings.
- The settings button determines the qualify of the video, including the file size and display resolution of the recording. The default option is small.
- Small - 480p: 854 x 480 (best for viewing on small screens / Sending Emails)
- Medium - 720p: 1280 x 720 (best for viewing on laptops)
- High - 1080p: 1920 x 1080 (best for viewing on large displays i.e projector / TV)
- If you are using a zSpace 300, audio is recorded using the built-in microphone. Alternatively, you can plug in your own audio device to record your audio.
- If you are using a zSpace 200, you must plug in your own audio recording device.
Saving Your Video
- When you click Stop you will automatically be asked where to save the video.
- Make sure to hit Save.
- Once you save your recording, the video can be retrieved through Windows File Explorer.
- Default location is in C:\Users\Public\Documents\zSpace.
- Desktop shortcut zSpace files also provides the same file path access if available