zSpace 300 was restricted from updating to the most recent version of Windows 10, named the Anniversary Update. The recent Windows fixes and GPU driver updates, this restriction has been lifted. Users are now encouraged to update their Windows.
Step 1. Defer Updates
By following the steps outlined in the article here following steps 1 to 5, making sure Defer Updates is unchecked instead of being checked. Optionally, users may download and run a script which will turn off Windows Updates which is available here. This option will also download the new zSpace 300 GPU driver which will also be needed as part of Step 3.
Step 2. Run Windows Updates
Follow the below steps to start your Windows Updates. Updating to the Windows 10 Anniversary update does require a PC restart and the entire process may take 2-3 hours.
- Click the Windows Start Button and type Check for updates. Click on the Check for updates search result when it appears.
- Click on the Check for updates.
- Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1607.
Step 3. Further required updates
- If you are using a zSpace 300, be sure to update your GPU driver as well. Without the GPU driver update, your zSpace applications will not work.
- You can run the zSpace Configuration Check to also check for other needed updates.